Spring has sprung and Summer is right around the corner.
To help you stay safe and enjoy your summer, check out our 2019 ECFPD Spring/Summer Newsletter.
The ECFPD Explorer Post 1357 is hosting an BBQ fundraiser Sunday, June 2, 2019, serving from 3:30 – 6:30 pm, at Elburn Lions Park, 500 Filmore St., Elburn, IL.
They will be serving Hamburgers, Bratwurst, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Chips, Fresh Fruit, Pasta Salad, Garden Salad, Lemonade & Iced Tea.
$12.00 per Adult (13+ yrs.), $10.00 per Child (4-12 yrs.) and Children 0-3 yrs. FREE
Please come help our Fire Explorers (Young women and men who are learning about this career field) by joining us for an “All You Can Eat” cook out at Lions Park.
(Carry out food is available, but quantities of food may be limited in lieu of “all you can eat”).
Come learn about the Explorers, how to join, or what they will be doing at Illinois State Fire Academy with the raised funds.
Consider bringing a little extra cash so you can participate in our raffles. There will be several raffles of items donated by local businesses. (Flowers, Gift Certificates for local restaurants & businesses, Outside & Interior Protection Package for a vehicle, Sox tickets, Kane County Cougar tickets, Hair products & free haircuts, wine basket, etc…)
There’s also going to be a bounce house for the kids to enjoy donated by Zmoon Bouncers. They can burn off some steam at the handicap accessible playground as well as in the bounce house.
Dinner, a chance to win great prizes while supporting local youth, fun with family & friends and the kids ready for bedtime after playing all afternoon = a WIN, WIN for the end of a long weekend!
On May 13, 2019, Trustee/Secretary James Childress was present for his last meeting on the ECFPD Board of Trustees. We wish to thank Mr. James Childress for his service to the district. As a member of the Board of Trustees, he has given many hours of his time to lead in a fiscally responsible manner and help the district maintain and better the services we provide to Elburn and the surrounding communities. It has been our pleasure working with Mr. Childress for the past six years as a Trustee and he will be missed. Best wishes to James and his family!
Congratulations to Trustee Lisa Engberg as she was re-elected for an additional six year term as a member of the ECFPD Board of Trustees. Mrs. Engberg has been a Trustee since May 2015.
And, Welcome to Mr. Jeffrey Armesy as he was elected to a six year term as a member of the ECFPD Board of Trustees. Mr. Armesy was officially sworn in at the ECFPD Board of Trustees meeting on May 13, 2019. We look forward to working with him.
The ECFPD Board of Trustees consists of the following elected officials:
Thomas Reynolds, President
Lisa Engberg, Secretary
Michael Anderson, Treasurer
Alan Lee, Trustee
Jeffrey Armesy, Trustee
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing will be held by the Board of Trustees of the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District, Kane County, IL. to consider the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance of the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District.
Said hearing will be held at Elburn Fire Station One, 200 E. Route 38, Elburn, Illinois, 60119 at the hour of 4:30 P.M. Central Daylight Savings Time on June 10, 2019.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District Board of Trustees, at the public hearing, shall adopt the tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance, or any part thereof, as such Board of Trustees deems necessary.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that said tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance will be made conveniently available for public inspection for a period of thirty days, commencing May 10, 2019 at the Elburn Fire Station One, 200 E. Route 38, Elburn, in Kane County, Illinois, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, between the hours of 7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
President, Board of Trustees of the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District
Treasurer, Board of Trustees of the Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District
The Elburn Explorer Post #1357 will be hosting a Car Wash Fundraiser on May 18th, 2019 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at Station #1, 200 East Route 38, Elburn, IL 60119.
Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Bryon Ferguson and his family. On April 24, 2019, Bryon Ferguson was sworn in as the newest full time Firefighter/Paramedic for the Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District. Congratulations and welcome to the ECFPD Family FF Ferguson!
A company has been calling up businesses in a local jurisdiction claiming that the fire department had just enacted an ordinance that all fire extinguishers and safety lights had to be inspected by a certified company. The company then asks the business if they would like to set up a time for them to come out.
The Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District has NOT just enacted an ordinance to that effect. Nothing has changed with our requirements for fire extinguishers, and our inspectors check your emergency lights when we complete our annual fire and life safety inspections. Please call the Elburn Fire Department at 630-365-6855 if you ever have any questions about what is required.
Here are some helpful tips for keeping your home safe during the severe cold weather safety:
* Make sure your smoke and Carbon Monoxide and smoke detectors are operational.
* Do NOT use stoves or fuel-fired portable heaters (propane, kerosene, etc) to heat your living areas. These types of appliances need to be properly vented.
* Do NOT run your car while parked in the garage (EVEN if your overhead garage door is open). Carbon Monoxide can easily get into your home with the overhead door open or closed
* Make sure your furniture isn’t blocking your home’s heating vents.
* During severe cold, keep cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes, particularly those in the kitchen and bathrooms where plumbing runs through exterior walls.
* Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets connected to pipes that run through unheated or unprotected spaces.
* Do NOT leave heating devices (heat guns, hair dryers, etc) operating while unattended in an effort to thaw frozen pipes.
* Keep your home thermostat set at a constant temperature during the severe cold snap. Many furnaces are not capable of “catching up” if they drop below a temperature during severe cold spells. By setting your thermostat to a constant temperature of 70 degrees as an example — in the sever cold weather, it is easier for your furnace to operate than if it is programmed to drop to 62 overnight, and then back up to 70 in the morning.
* Only burn dry cured firewood in your fireplace or woodburning stove. Make sure all flammables are cleared around the firebox and use a barrier (such as a screen) to protect embers from reaching any flammables.
We hope you all will keep warm and stay safe!
The Elburn & Countryside Fire Protection District is hosting a Car Seat Installation event on Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 10:00 am – Noon at Station #2, 39W950 Hughes Rd., Elburn, IL.
Residents are encouraged to attend to be better educated on car seat installation and car seat safety. Installation of car seats will take place as well as instruction for parents and guardians on how to properly install a car seat in your vehicle.
If you have any questions, please contact Fire Marshal Lisa Schopp or FF/PM Alex Poynor at 630-365-6855.